Sunday, April 21, 2013

Relient Kay.





So I am writing a 15 page paper right now, but this just popped up on my news feed so I have to share it!

New song from Relient K and I am stoked! This is the first single off of their upcoming album titled "Collapsible Lung" slated to be released sometime in July. I have not been the biggest fan of their more recent stuff, but after listening through "Forget and Not Slow Down" a few more times over the last couple months I really enjoyed it, and it has gotten me excited.

Here is a lyric video for Don't Blink and I have to say I am pretty impressed. Relient K has strayed pretty far from their more early 00's punk sound, and I am totally okay with that. This song definitely keeps with their alternative style and adds a tid bit of indie, mainly in the first verse, with mainly some  classic Relient K sound, making for a pretty solid first single to hear from them since their last original album in 2009. Also hearing Matt Thiessen's voice just brings me happiness, so there's that! Enjoy the music and video!

No comments:

Post a Comment